Oracle performance views (VDOLLAR Views) Download
Oracle dictionary views (VSESSION, VSQL, VLATCH, VLOCK etc)
What you’ll learn
- Understand the use of major V$ performance views provided by Oracle .
- Basic knowledge of Oracle DB & SQL.
– Database performance is key to the current day applications. Oracle, being the most famous relational database, provides some in-built views, also called V$ views, that help you monitor the performance of the DB. This course will be a good introduction to the concepts behind major V$ Views (V$SESSION, V$SQL, V$LATCH, V$LOCK etc).
– The course takes you through small experiments done to describe how the V$ performance views look like in various scenarios.
– A considerable percentage of people experienced in Oracle, still do not know how to use these views. So, this is your opportunity to learn something niche & seem like a scientist to your fellow colleagues/friends. At the time of uploading this video, there is no other course in Udemy that covers these concepts.
– Owing to the complexity involved,
– Please perform the experiments along with me. If you are not sure about a concept, pause it, go back to the beginning of the video, listen to it again, do the experiments as many times as necessary to make sense of what am saying.
– Keep referring to the lecture “Basic Concepts” when you go over the other chapters. The concepts will be used in all the chapters, so referring to the “Basic Concepts” lecture often will be really helpful.
– Go over the entire course content at least 2 times. Things you probably couldn’t follow in the first pass, will get clearer in the second pass.
– Am supremely confident, this will be a great enabler for you to scientifically approach the performance tuning problem & steer you in the right direction.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn about Oracle Performance Views (V$SESSION, V$SQL etc).
- Anyone who wants to start in Oracle performance tuning.