Welcome to Medium Voltage Switchgear Wiring Diagram Learn directly from a Global Professional Electrical Engineer with +17 years of Field Experience, Protection & Control
What you’ll learn
- Medium Voltage Drawings / Schematics in Detail
- Basic Understanding of Drawings
Medium Voltage drawing is a basic drawing to start understanding Schematics.
In this training, I have covered the following topics.
- Symbols Used in drawings , Basics of Electrical Wiring
- Component List
- Relay & Metering Single Line Diagram
- AC Loop Circuit
- DC loop Circuit
- Current & Voltage Transformers
- Concept of Short time and continuous ratings
- CT & VT Accuracy Class
- CT & VT Capacity
- Control Voltage Loop
- Trip Coil 1 Circuit
- Control Coil Circuit
- Trip Coil 2 Circuit
- Close Block
- Lockout Relay
- DC Supervision Relay at End of Loop
- Normally Open & Close Contact
- Concept of Anticipating
- Opening and closing coil saving feature
- Signalling circuit
- Local & Remote Selection
- Tripping from Remote & Local
- Spare contacts arrangements
- Under Voltage Trip Feature of the CB trolley
- Incoming Feeder Drawing
- Outgoing Feeder Drawing
- Heating & Lighting Circuit
- Circuit Breaker Operations from Local & Remote
- Binary Input & Outputs
- Watch Dog Contact
- CT Polarity
Electrical wiring is an electrical installation of cabling and associated devices such as switches, distribution boards, sockets, and light fittings in a structure.
Wiring is subject to safety standards for design and installation. Allowable wire and cable types and sizes are specified according to the circuit operating voltage and electric current capability, with further restrictions on the environmental conditions, such as ambient temperature range, moisture levels, and exposure to sunlight and chemicals.
Associated circuit protection, control and distribution devices within a building’s wiring system are subject to voltage, current and functional specification. Wiring safety codes vary by locality, country or region. The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) is attempting to harmonize wiring standards amongst member countries, but significant variations in design and installation requirements still exist.
I hope that this will really increase your knowledge & improve your skills.
Who this course is for:
- Student, Engineer, Professionals
Created by Muhammad Kashif
Last updated 2/2021
Download Learn Medium Voltage Switchgear Wiring Diagram