Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence Download
Master advanced SQL database coding w/ MySQL Workbench. My SQL course takes your SQL analysis skills to new heights!
What you’ll learn
- Write advanced SQL queries to explore and analyze databases with MySQL Workbench
- Learn how to use subqueries and temporary tables to handle complex multi-step data problems
- Solve practical hands-on assignments and real-world eCommerce use cases
- Analyze data across multiple tables with powerful MySQL JOIN statements
- Master unique tips and tools that you won’t find anywhere else
- Get LIFETIME access to resource files, quizzes, assignments, and expert support
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server for Mac or Windows/PC (we’ll walk you through the free install process)
- Students are expected to have completed our SQL for Beginners course, and have a solid grasp of SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an advanced SQL course, which builds on the skills covered in our introductory MySQL courses. Please review the prerequisite skills or complete the beginner SQL course before taking this one!
See why John is one of the TOP-RATED SQL/MySQL Instructors on Udemy:
“I totally loved this course! Everything was easy to understand, but it moved at a fast enough pace that I never got bored. I learned SO much about MySQL and had fun doing it. In fact, at the end of the day I didn’t want to stop learning — I wanted to keep charging on to the next lesson!”
– Ann S.
“This is an excellent advanced course! I’ve taken both SQL courses from Maven Analytics and highly recommend both. The best part of this course is the detail they included by building a real world e-commerce database. It’s much easier to grasp the concepts when you can see how they’re literally applied to scenarios and outcomes as opposed to just theory. Great work!”
– Dan S.
“John’s deep understanding of SQL and database analysis and ability to explain those tools is really unmatched. I’ve taken other SQL and MySQL courses and tried reading books, but this course is by far the most effective. Excited to see more courses from John!”
– Steven M.
If you want to develop practical, real-world analytics & BI skills using advanced SQL, you’re in the right place.
This course is unlikeanything you’ve seen before, guaranteed. Instead of using random sample data and obscure demos, we’ll be working with a rich, custom-built eCommerce database that we’ve designed from scratch to help you apply your SQL skills to real projects and learn how to truly THINK like an analyst.
You’ll be playing the role of a newly hired Database Analyst for Maven Fuzzy Factory, an eCommerce start-up, and will be working directly with the CEO, Marketing Director and Website Manager to help grow the business and analyze performance along the way. You’ll use a range of advanced SQL tools and techniques, and work through actual projects that data analysts and business intelligence professionals work on every day.
- Prerequisite SQL Skills AssessmentIn this section we’ll address the core SQL/MySQL skills that you should be comfortable with before starting the course, including SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins. If you aren’t sure how your skills stack up, we’ve included a quiz to assess your baseline SQL knowledge.
- MySQL Setup & InstallFor students who haven’t completed our intro course, we’ll demonstrate exactly how to download and install the tools that we’ll need to access MySQL, including MySQL Community Server & MySQL Workbench. We’ll share download guides for both Mac & PC, and run our first piece of SQL code to generate the project database that we’ll analyze throughout the course.
- Traffic Analysis & OptimizationIn this section we’ll use MySQL to analyze where our website traffic is coming from, how different sources perform in terms of traffic volume and conversion rates, and how we can adjust bids to optimize our budgets.
- Website Measurement & TestingIn this section we’ll dive into page-level website data to compare traffic and conversion rates, and use MySQL to build and analyze conversion funnels to help optimize the customer purchase experience.***MID-COURSE PROJECT: Preparing data for the executive board meeting
- Channel Analysis & OptimizationIn this section we’ll dig deeper into our traffic channel mix, explore paid vs. free traffic, break down performance by device type, and write advanced SQL queries to conduct some time-series analyses to understand trending and seasonality.
- Product-Level AnalysisIn this section we’ll use MySQL to break down product-level sales and conversion rates, analyze cross-selling patterns, and use refund rates to keep a pulse on quality.
- User-Level AnalysisIn this section we’ll take a closer look at user behavior and repeat sessions, and use MySQL techniques to identify our most valuable customers and explore which channels they are coming from.***FINAL PROJECT: Building a data-driven growth story for potential investors
Unlike other SQL courses, this one is uniquely designed to sharpen your business intelligence and analytical thinking skills; as you complete course projects and exercises, you’ll actually see patterns and trends emerging in the data based on your findings. For those looking to pursue a career in analytics, this course is a must.
Enroll today and get LIFETIME access to:
- 8+ hours of high-quality video
- Downloadable MySQL ebook
- Quizzes and hands-on projects
- Mid-course and Final SQL projects
- 30-day money-back guarantee
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course does NOT cover building, altering, or maintaining SQL/MySQL databases. Our goal here is to focus on data exploration and database analysis using MySQL and MySQL Workbench (we’ll cover database administration tools in a separate course).
-John (Lead SQL Instructor & MySQL Expert, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
Who this course is for:
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to quickly retrieve or analyze data stored in relational database systems
- Excel users looking to shift into a broader business intelligence or database-focused role
- SQL users looking to develop advanced skills and master one of the world’s most popular and powerful database programming languages
- Students looking for a hands-on, practical, and highly engaging way to master MySQL for data analysis and business intelligence
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- NOTE: This course is NOT for database administrators (we won’t cover tools to build or maintain databases in this course)